1. A Question of Faith is a new entry into the faith-based film market. Tell us a little about the film and the producers.
JV: Angela White is fantastic. She was very aware of how to work with female talent and made us feel very comfortable. She knows what she wants and worked with us to bring that out in our parts. I had such a great experience.
We filmed in Atlanta … And it was very warm! I remember walking on set and getting nervous about the fact that Kim Fields was standing right there. My husband Nic was just as excited to see Richard T. Jones, who was on set that day too.
2. What attracted you to this story and this character?
JV: I love the idea that there are three stories that intertwine at the end into a complete story. You never know how people’s lives intertwine and how someone’s choices can affect everything – be it bad or good.
3. Pastor Newman, the lead character in the film, struggles with forgiveness. What was it like to see this storyline unfold?
JV: All I can tell you is the movie is about forgiveness and how we struggle offering it to others. The lead character goes through one of the most difficult experiences, one where it’s hard to imagine offering forgiveness. It makes us ask the question, what do we do when we’re faced with something that could either bring us closer to God or take us farther from Him? What a life lesson.
4. Richard T. Jones, Kim Fields, C. Thomas Howell, and T.C. Stallings all co-star in this film. Explain what working with this cast was like.
JV: It was a little intimidating. They’re all well respected actors. It made me nervous, but at the same time, excited. I was always conscious about bringing my A game.
5. What do you hope audiences take away from this film?
JV: My prayer and hope is they’ll take away an understanding about how important it is to forgive, that the lack of forgiveness can bring pain, but joy comes with true forgiveness. I hope that people will be inspired to trust in God, even when their faith is tested, even when tragedy strikes, and believe that God is faithful, just, and merciful.
6. When will this film be in theaters? How can listeners/readers find out more information on A Question of Faith?
JV: The movie opens September 29. Visit www.aquestionoffaith.com for more information.