The Salvation Army
The Salvation Army is hiring and offers truly excellent benefit package to eligible employees including:
- Generous paid time off every year that include: holidays, vacation time and sick time.
- Employer funded Pension Plan (company contributions begin after 1 year of employment)
- Eligibility for supplemental insurance plans including Short Term Disability, AFLAC and Voluntary Term Life
- Most importantly – a job with a good purpose!
Position Overview: Representing the Salvation Army’s spiritual & musical ministry in all spheres of influence, this position will assist both the development of the music programs in the Corps, and lead others into worship.
Summary/Primary Purpose: Provide excellent leadership with developing a music program for the Corps and lead public worship on Sunday mornings.
- This position includes up to a 29-hour work week with changes in the schedule depending on the time of programming year.
- Coordinate, develop, and lead corps music programs including singing company, songsters and praise band.
- Oversee/ organize Music and Arts program for children
- Lead public worship on Sunday mornings.
- Put together a music calendar for up to 3 months in advance.
- Make sure that all slides for music are included in the program for Sunday mornings.
- Provide instruction and lead praise team weekly practices.
- Lead potential musicals for Easter and Christmas.
- Teach piano lessons in our after-school program.
- Teach vocal lessons in our after-school program.
- Help lead after-school program and teen night.
- Lead praise and worship practice.
- Provide spiritual leadership to our kids.
- Keep all instruments in good condition and report any concerns with any of the instruments to the Corps Officers.
- Driving when needed.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience: Must play the piano proficiently and have some teaching experience. Must be knowledgeable with Christian music. Should have some experience working with power-point or other computer programming for the worship slide presentations on Sunday morning.
Additional requirements listed below are representative of the minimal knowledge, skill, and/or ability required for this position.
- Ability to be flexible and able to work on multiple projects or tasks simultaneously
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft software to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access. As well as the ability to access payroll, timekeeping and personal data via a web-based system.
- Administrative skills to include utilization of standard office equipment, data entry, 10-key, attention to details and filing.
- Good communication skills both written and spoken, and ability to maintain effective working relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential matters.
Other Qualifications: Candidates must be able to obtain clearances required by the Joseph R. Biden II and the Child Protection Act. Must possess a valid driver’s license from the state in which you reside. Must have an understanding of and appreciation for the Mission of The Salvation Army. Must be approved through The Salvation Army Fleet Safety Program to drive either a Salvation Army or personal vehicle on Salvation Army business. Must successfully complete Keep Safe training. Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The ability to lift and carry up to 40 pounds occasionally, standing, walking, and climb stairs.
Contact: Please send your resume along with a cover letter including salary requirements to:
Commanding Officers, Lieutenant Miguel & Kathryn Alban Guerrero, 22318 Sussex Highway, Seaford, DE 19973
Please submit your resume and cover letter.
To apply for this job please visit careers-usesalvationarmy.icims.com.